Singing Rooster is a social enterprise non-profit established in 2009 and a member of the Fair Trade Federation. They focus on much more than fair trade, however, by partnering commercially with smallholder producers to alleviate poverty in Haiti by building stronger businesses:
- Agricultural and business consultants
- Organizers of pre-harvest financing
- Primary buyers of crops/products at premium prices
- Transforming crops into higher value items (like roasted coffee or chocolate bars)
- Business guiders, developers, cheerleaders
- Equitably distributing economic gains
- Market creators
Singing Rooster works with small producers across Haiti.
They exceed fair trade prices for crops and return 100% of proceeds from sales back to farmer communities in the form of agricultural, small business management, and entrepreneurial development activities.